Saturday, October 17, 2009

THINGS THAT I REALLY LIKED THIS WEEK! VOL 5!

it has been a very long time since I've posted a THINGS THAT I REALLY LIKE THIS WEEK so I decided now that I have some time I'll share some not-so-secret gems I have stumbled upon while rubbing a gentle finger over the surface of the interwebs. I'll make it quick.

VIDEOS!

Mum - "Sing Along" music video by Team G
This beautifully shot, surrealistic story of love and loss shows how things don't always have to make sense to make you feel something, as long as you create a world where it's okay for those things not to make sense. Even if it involves a dead (not dead?) singing deer. the relationship between the father and daughter is so playful and totally fits the song. enjoy!



ANIMATIONS!

Ape School - "Wail to God" By Anthony Schepperd
I usually don't like flash animations. Mostly because of the fact that I can tell when its a flash animation. While that is certainly the case for this music video, the frame by frame animation is so wonderful and fluid it doesnt really matter. What really kills about this video is that it never holds back (WARNING THIS IS NOT KIDDIE SAFE :]) It will take you from one bizarre image to the next causing you to gawk and cringe and laugh all the way to its epic end (and it is epic). If you don't enjoy strange/sexual imagery you probably shouldn't watch, but I challenge you to do so because it is very unlikely you will see something like this ever again.


Mr. Collieu - Headless Productions
I don't know how it is possible that this company has slipped by me for so long, but I just discovered them a couple of days ago while I was perusing some old animation blog entries. Though I haven't seen anything from them yet, their trailers are enough for me to love their style enough to excite me enough to put them in this post... enough. This trailer for their feature length animation (still in production) looks awesome. I love the unique concept and the illustrations and it reminds me of why I used to love watching old Disney animations when I was younger. This is true for most of their work and you should check out all of their other trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

put it in here!